We all love our tees. They are comfy, colourful & expressive. It’s very disappointing when your favourite tee comes out of the wash looking faded and worn out.
Here are 5 hacks you can use to keep your favourite T-shirts looking brand new for years:
1. Don’t bleach – When it comes to protecting your clothes, not all washing powders are created equal. To keep your tees looking as good as possible use high-quality detergents that are gentle. Don’t use bleach & remember to wash with like colours.
2. Hand wash your tees in cold water – Commercial washers are damaging to many tees. If your machine washes a shirt with a mild detergent the design might start to flake, peel or fade.
3. Never put your tees in the dryer – Dryers are the cause of death of millions of T-shirts every year. Even on a low-temperature setting dryer can cause T-shirts to shrink and the printing to crack and peel off. Always line dry your T-shirts instead of putting them in the dryer.
4. Add vinegar – vinegar doesn’t have the most pleasant smell, but adding a cup to when washing your tees will give you a natural fabric softener and help prevent colours from fading. Don’t worry about the vinegar smell it goes away when you dry your tees after the wash.
5. Choose a quality Product – Last but not least, be sure to purchase a quality tee, to begin with. Look for a brand that produces exceptional products.