We all love our tees. They are comfy, colorful & expressive. It’s very disappointing when your favorite tee comes out of the wash looking faded and worn out.
Here are 5 hacks you can use to keep your favorite T-shirts looking brand new for years:
1. Dont’t bleach – When it comes to protecting your clothes not all washing powders are created equal. To keep your tees looking as good as possible use high quality detergents that are gentle. Don’t use bleach & remember to wash with like colors.
2. Hand wash your tees in cold water – Commercial washers are damaging to many tees.If you machine wash a shirt with a mild detergent the design might start to flake, peel or fade.
3. Never put a your tees in the dryer – Dryers are the cause of death of millions of T shirts every year. Even on a low temperature setting dryers can cause T shirts to shrink and the printing to crack and peel off. Always line dry your T-shirts instead of putting them in the dryer.
4. Add vinegar – vinegar doesn’t have the most pleasant smell, but adding a cup to when washing your tees will give you a natural fabric softener and help prevent colors from fading. Don’t worry about the vinegar smell it goes away when you dry your tees after the wash.
5. Choose a quality Product – Last but not least, be sure to purchase a quality tee to begin with. Look for a brand that produces exceptional products.
24 year old designer, developer, blogger, Entrepreneur in the making…….